Emo Kids Have Been Sharing What They Look Like Now
Every school has them, the emo kids who consider life itself life’s biggest adversary. For us, they hung around in the underpass next to the Boots, listened to weird music out loud in their groups and had those hairstyles that looked like you had a built-in sun-visor at the front and someone rubbed a balloon on the top of your head at the back…
But what happened to them? Did they grow up as emos and marry emo spouses and have emo kids? Did they one day walk into the sun and dissolve? Did they walk too far into a shadow and get lost? No. They just grew out of it, mainly…
1. Reddit user okkido: Damn. Too late for this. Then I was studying to become a designer listening to Brand New, Death Cab and Blink. Now I’m a designer listening to Brand New, Death Cab and Blink and having my first kid in a week.
2. Reddit user unicornigist: I was super scene/emo as a teenager but I guess being so into customizing my myspace profile got me into coding, now a full time web developer and mom to a 4 year old.
3. Reddit user Tyfo: “I’m now 27, started my family earlier this year, moving into a house in 9 days, and I’m studying to become a laboratory technologist. Woo-hoo!”
4. Reddit user Moosemaster21: “Look at me being all sad n sh*t. Took this picture with a mother*ckin’ DSLR camera. Held it away from my face (took tremendous left arm strength let me tell you) then pretended to look all sad and thoughtful. Idaho vacation with my now-fiancée.”
5. Reddit user Docshultz: Well, I am a normal, fat 28 year old that started his family early. I own my own home, make 50,000 a year in a medical field, and I am really enjoying life.
6. Reddit user RealTerse: “I became a fireman, if I talked to myself eight years ago and said you would cut your hair and become part of the fire department, I would’ve never believed myself.”
7. Reddit user validate_me_plz: “I work in the funeral industry as a removal technician.”
8. Reddit user cwowtittybang: I still feel emo on the inside and secretly listen to the music, I even have scars on my wrist still (no real problems) but I’ve done a 180 and am a graphic designer.
9. Reddit user yumyumhelen: I’m a proper grown up now, working as a trainer for the bank, buying my first property, paying the mortgage. Still feel like a filthy wee emo though.
10. Reddit user Hysterria: Emo to Heavy Metal blogger. I used to listen to Billy Talent and claim to be a struggling writer because it sounded cool. Now I listen to Led Zeppelin and I am a struggling writer.
11. Reddit user BaS3r: “I’m in the US military now as an MP. Specifically US Air Force. This was all I could find. I know I had worse… oh boy. I still keep BMTH, TDWP, Attack! Attack!, Escape the Fate, Job for a Cowboy, etc. on my gym playlist though. It’s my guilty pleasure.”
12. Reddit user an0r4k: “I became the police. I also now send couple Christmas cards.”
13. Reddit user: snazzychica2812: I’m a special education teacher for high school freshmen. I teach kids like I was how not to do the sh*t I did. So far, so good.
Fair play to them, they all seem pretty happy. Like a whole new experience…
What phase did you grow out of and now look back at old pictures of yourself with nothing but sheer embarrasment? Let us know in the comments! Or don’t if you’re not over it.